Tuesday, April 14, 2009

One Last Observation on Citi Field

My final rumination on the opening of Citi Field. The first three things I caught prior to the start of Monday afternoon's game, in quick rapid fire succession, were: Mike Piazza, Donald Trump's wife, and Mayor Bloomberg.

Read Caption Like A Robot, Please
I...am...ridiculously...good....looking...and.... love....comb....overs....

Now I saw Bloomberg catch a foul ball behind the plate and magnanimously pass it off to a nearby youth commoner (although if the kid was sitting in those seats on Opening Night his parents probably could have coughed up more than enough dough to secure for him an audience with David Wright directly after he had hit his game tying 3-run bomb.....social commentary digression, my apologies) but throughout the game I kept going back to Piazza.....and how he just looked.... creepy. Was he wearing make-up? Was he wearing more than Trump's wife?


Hey I like Piazza--he had a good season with us (or was it 2?). I also happened to be at the game where he hit some HR of importance (300th maybe?). I'm just saying that he had an odd sheen to his forehead and face and had it not been for the jolt of Gerut's HR I may have given it even more thought (no I'm not gay like Mike Piazza might be).

So it goes: while Tom Seaver was pitching and Mike Piazza was catching (certainly no pun intended) a woman on the other side of the country prepared to Dance with the Stars....



For one proud Met fan's reaction to Citi's opening.....
Opening night at Citi pretty much par for the course
[The Legend of Cecilio Guante]

No comments:

Post a Comment