Sunday, February 14, 2010

San Diego: Rocky Balboa said it best, "The World Ain't All Sunshine and Rainbows."

Ever since the most recent Chargers debacle I've found it difficult to string thoughts together. I have ideas that are Chargers related but just can't bring myself to comment. I have ideas that are Padre related but feel that, for a sense of continuity as well as closure, I need to deal with the football demons first.

This thought process is wreaking havoc with my ability to complete a blog post of any sort.

Alas, I'm excited about the Padres so this post will be a thought organizer, one which should help me to move forward.



Pick yourself up and move forward, San Diego sports fans. It's all we can do......move forward.

Things on my mind:

-Nate Kaeding and how FUCT his head is.
-Shaun Phillips higher education and Twitterpidity.
-Norv Turner's "__________"
-Marty Schottenheimer/Earnest Byner/Useless kickers
-Antonio Cromartie (surprisingly not first on the list)
-LT. Please don't go to New England.
-Eric Weddle and the trampoline effect.
-The incessant "jocking" of Drew Brees by Scott and BR.
-2010 Baseball America Prospects handbook and Padre hope.
-Breakfast Town USA and other T-Shirts.
-Padres Town hall meeting.
-2010 Spring Training Trip.
-Lake Elsinore Trip on Thirsty Thursday.
-Bud Black's (im)-probable opening day line-up.
-Villanova basketball and how awesome of a fan I am.

This is but a cache of the crap that's been coursing through my cerebral cortex (alliteration, people). By listing my thoughts outside of the conventional top five list I hope to spur on some creativity so that I can move on from the horror show known as January 2010.

Actually...I probably should have scaled it back to a list of five so I wouldn't be so overwhelmed. Crap!

1 comment:

  1. I think if Norv would have given that speech at halftime against the Jets I wouldn't have needed to write a blog using a You Tube clip of Rocky Balboa giving a speech to his son.

    ReplyDelete