Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Chargers Questions: my pessimism runneth over

A few weeks ago when the Chargers were hammering a Cassel-less Chiefs team I took little joy in the outcome. I'm a Chargers fan. I should have been happy. It was a minimal happiness at best.

Then the Chargers destroyed the 49ers. Ehh... that was pretty cool. More enjoyment out of this one but still not running on the euphoria that a winning fan should.


Is there a point to even watching if there is little joy derived from the winning?

The truth is, I'm enthralled with the whole, "Will-they-or-won't-they-leave-San Diego-for Los Angeles" Saga. Because my mind is focused on this chasm of despair, I fail at maximizing joy from Chargers wins.

As a fan, this is a terrible state of being.


Now that the Chargers' playoff hopes have been eliminated there are only three questions to ponder:
  1. Will labor strife continue, resulting in an owner imposed NFL lockout in 2011?
  2. Will Dean Spanos miraculously develop into a top tier executive rather than a silver-spoon-buffoon?
  3. Will the Chargers affix the worst phrase found in the English lexicon (Los Angeles) to their uniforms and office letterheads in 2012?
I believe the answers to these questions are as follows:
  1. YES and then NO. As fans, we'll lose something.
  2. An unequivocal NO.
  3. A devastating YES.
Put your face in your palm. Grab a fork. Devour my optimism.

No comments:

Post a Comment