Saturday, May 7, 2011

Heath Bell Contemplated Entrance Music Change

Heath Bell blows a save and the Padres win in 11 innings.

What are you going to do? After some untimely walks and a piss poor throw by Chase Headley that would have ended the game, Heath Bell remains tied with Trevor Hoffman for consecutive saves in franchise history.

What did Bell have to say after the game? 
"It's been tough. I've had long stretches where I wasn't getting into games. I though I might change my entrance music from Breaking Benjamin's Blow Me Away to Fugazi's Waiting Room." source
Fugazi is awesome. Who can argue with such a song choice (maybe the Padres hitters)? Let's take a musical break...


That was enjoyable. On to some more Heath Bell...
“I made a lot of bad throws before Chase,” said Bell, who entered the top of the ninth with a 3-0 lead and the anticipation of the 30,878 in the house who that they were on hand to see a record set. source
 Heath is a stand-up guy. I like that he acknowledged the walks he issued... even though Headley's throw was HORRIBLE!
“We won,” said Bell. “That’s the bottom line. And it’s on me and not Chase. If I hadn’t walked those guys, we would never have been in that spot. I guess we’ll just have to start another streak tomorrow." source
Wins are the bottom line. More wins. More Fugazi.

Get after it boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment