Friday, March 2, 2012

Cory Luebke and the new market inefficiency

I've heard from some of the ladies that Cory Luebke is ridiculously good looking.

Let's be honest -- I've heard some guys say it too.

Personally, I'm comfortable enough to admit that a young buck is handsome but the preferences of women often leave me confused, baffled, dumbfounded, and confused yet again. As is the case I'm never quite sure where the ladies stand in terms of what sets the bar for a ridiculously good looking man.

Is Cory Luebke good looking? I think he looks pretty good at the front end of the Padres rotation in 2012!

I guess he's a good looking guy. Sure, I'll go with it. Corey Luebke. Good looking man!

I was amazed who else thought the same thing this morning as I read Bill Center's column . . .

The subject of Center's article was the acquisition of Mark Kotsay and the versatility he would offer to Bud Black. More importantly however, was the positive influence and guidance he would provide to the youngsters on the club.

Kotsay also spoke in detail about the Padres needing to play to their strengths, citing his visits as a Milwaukee Brewer last season.  Bill Center writes:
“We’ve got to make this place our’s,” Kotsay said of Petco Park. “When I came in here with the Brewers last year, all their hitters were complaining about the face. I know some Padres haven’t liked hitting there*."
Now, clearly this quote is referencing Cory Luebke, he who runneth over with good looks. I've never really heard him called The Face but, c'mon' who else could the Brew Crew be talking about here? We all know they weren't mesmerized by Aaron Harang's rugged good looks . . .

Pure intimidation through good looks and a menacing mound stare -- Kotsay has already exceeded his contract with this valuable insight.

Perhaps ridiculously good looking pitchers are the new market inefficiency?

Viva The Face!!!

*That last part of the quote is confusing -- a total non-sequiter. Why would the Padres hitters be concerned about the face? They don't have to go against Luebke. I'll try to look into this further when I'm in Peoria this weekend.

[UPDATE 3:52 pm]
I have been informed that 'the face' may be a typo and Center may have intended to write 'the fence'. I don't think that makes any sense though. Look at Cory Luebke's face . . .

3 comments:

  1. I love the psot but my gosh, you spelt Cory Luebke wrong quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's embarrassing. I was so focused on spelling 'Cory' right that I butchered the rest.

    At least I was consistent?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just got my wife on board the Cory Luebke bandwagon. She needed a new one after Rizzo left.

    ReplyDelete