Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dick Enberg Analysis: "The Plague of All Sporting Events"

I've been very busy and by the time I acquire any sort of legitimate freedom to write, I much prefer going to bed. In fact I don't even have time to write this.....the Padres are in a 1-1 game in the bottom of the 8th inning in New York and I have work obligations to attend to.....but I must mention one piece of Dick Enberg greatness amongst  the usual sea of Enberg-Announcing-Criticism (usually from me).

SETTING THE STAGE
It's the top of the 8th of a 1-1 game. Jose Reyes has touched Clayton Richard for a game tying HR only a half inning earlier. San Diego's Lance Zawazski has doubled in the 8th, leaving the go ahead run a mere 180 feet away with one out. High drama to be sure. In what manner do Mets fans react to such a dramatic scenario, you ask? They begin to do........THE WAVE........in a tie game.....top of the 8th......

As I recognize this ridiculousness, Dick Enberg enters to make a prophetic comment:

"There it is. The wave. The Plague of All Sporting Events. It made its way from Philadelphia."

Good on ya Mr. Dick Enberg. GOOD-ON-YOU!

Gotta go...I'm way busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment