Sunday, March 27, 2011

Acts of barbarism directed towards the Dodgers... I quite enjoy them

As the Padres met the Dodgers in one of spring's last games of meaning, the two squads gathered near home plate to illustrate their dislike for one another. After the Dodgers' Jonathan Broxton had hit Ryan Ludwick with a pitch, Padres' minor league reliever Brad Brach plunked Rafael Furcal an inning later.


Both pitchers say the hit batsmen were unintentional, mere casualties of aggressive pitching. I say who cares! I'm a meat-head and there's little I'd rather view than a good punch-up between the Padres and that cesspool to the north.

Here's to Brad Brach, even if it was unintentional. One day you'll make it to the PENitentiary and when you do, I'm buying the beers.

For those Faithful Eleven who have followed this blog over the years, you may remember that as a youngster one of my favorite players was Don Mattingly. I know, I know, it's disgusting that one of my baseball idols was a Yankee. Hey, at least the Yanks sucked then. What did the Dodgers' new skipper have to say about the near melee? From Don Norcross' UT article:
“I’ll tell you what, I don’t mind our boys stepping up,” said Dodgers first-year manager Don Mattingly. “I don’t mind at all. I really don’t mind the spirit.”
Oh, Donnie Baseball. This is gonna hurt to say it but you can #$  #$&@ $%&^self!


What about Mat Latos, hater of all things San Francisco? How did he react to this Los Angeles brouhaha?
When the players started taking their paces toward each other, Mat Latos was outside on a concourse, signing autographs. After a fan told him what was unfolding, Latos jogged toward the diamond.
Once things cleared, Latos returned to his spot and resumed signing autographs.
“Teammates first,” Latos told fans. “I apologize.”

Don't apologize Mat. This makes my heart warm. You make my heart warm. Let's get this season started.

No comments:

Post a Comment