Monday, June 20, 2011

Why Boston is so annoying...

In anticipation of the Padres/Red Sox series beginning this afternoon, I found this gem while perusing the Boston Globe:
"Gonzalez’s MVP-caliber start (.348 average, 64 RBIs, 101 hits, and 42 extra-base hits through 71 games) has done a lot to show the Padres what they traded away."
I know what the Padres traded away in Adrian Gonzalez so I'm pretty sure that Jed Hoyer and the Padres had an inkling as well. Did anyone believe that Adrian would go to a hitter friendly park like Fenway and NOT rake?

Boston: Annoyance

4 comments:

  1. When read within the context of the story, I don't have an issue with it. "To remind the Padres what they traded away" would have been a better phrase, but it's no big deal.

    Granted, our egos are a bit fragile with the loss of Gonzalez, but personally I think you are really overreacting.
    Is every cherry-picked sentence in the UT also an indictment against San Diego and its fans? I hope not.
    It's time to lose the inferiority complex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobody reads the UT anymore. Not even the people who work for the UT.

    Therefore, your argument is invalid.

    ReplyDelete