Thursday, August 18, 2011

Poll Question: A Developing/Annoying Trend At PETCO

I'm noticing a trend at the park. It's annoying. But it's also probably not worth getting too worked up about. But it is annoying. It's like....

.... I don't know. Help me. Give me an awesome simile to plug in there. Read below first and then give me the simile.


I think it's safe to say that most people don't care to see Red Sox jerseys during a Padres v. Giants/ Dodgers/ Nationals game. But what about the Adrian Gonzalez Red Sox jerseys that we're seeing with greater frequency at our home park?

I get it if you are an Adrian Gonzalez fan. And I suppose if you wanted to buy his Boston jersey to show your continued support of him then I understand. But why wear it to PETCO Park in a game that Adrian Gonzalez is not featured. He hated Petco Park.

It's just annoying. I wish I could be more descriptive. More eloquent. More concise. Well, I guess I am being concise. It's just annoying.

Vote your thoughts:



10 comments:

  1. Adrian hated Petco, therefore his personal hell would be playing for the Red Sox in Petco. Successful trolls are successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True Comment.

    The dream would be a Padres v. Redsox World Series where the Padres had home field advantage because Adrian made a Bill Buckner-esque error to lose the All-Star game. Then Adrian could get 4 games in PETCO.

    Ooh... I'm a grumpy bastard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought homersapien619 wrote this post....THAT'S how grumpy it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mow my lawn, SDPads1. But stay away from my roses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That doesn't irk me as much as I see a bunch of people wearing Giants stuff at like a Reds vs. Padres game. They wear it just to rub the fact that they won the last game in 2010 and then went on to win WS.

    God they are such sanctimonious assholes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaaaand Blogger thinks I didn't have a name even though I set that up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fans pay their money to see the game, they can wear whatever they want...

    ReplyDelete
  8. ~Anon

    Oh, I agree. Fans can wear what ever they want. But are there certain things worn to the park that are annoying?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Anon: Fans pay their money, so they can wear whatever they want? What about a 400-lb woman in a thong? But thanks for not really answering the question of annoyance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with the comment. Fans have the freedom to choose whatever clothes or jerseys they are going to wear during a game or a fight.

    ReplyDelete