Friday, April 20, 2012

Orlando Hudson: I love him, I love him not

I'm really only negative about a couple of current Padres. One goes by the Christian handle of Orlando Hudson. 

Every time I criticize the fella though, I feel kind of bad. He's a Padre and I should support him. Here are some things I love about Orlando Hudson . . .



I Love Him
  1. He smiles a lot.
  2. He seems to genuinely love playing baseball.
  3. He performs charity work with his foundation for Autism.
And then there are the things I do not love . . .

I Love Him Not
  1. He smile's a lot . . . while the San Diego Padres are losing and he's batting below .100.
  2. He seems to genuinely love playing baseball . . . even though you can hardly call what he's doing "playing baseball".
  3.  He performs charity work with his foundation for Autism . . . just as he charitably submits to each pitcher he has faced in 2012.
His 2012 salary is a sunk cost as his 2013 buyout. He won't perform at a level that will allow the Padres to recoup any of that money nor will he offset his performance offset salary by driving-up attendance at PETCO. Pull the plug.

Having said that, I especially appreciate #3 under I Love Him. Orlando Hudson is performing noble work with his charity and I wish him well with this philanthropic endeavor.

1 comment:

  1. But, does Hudson commit and comply? Working together, we can find the candidates who will build a better Mexico! Er, Padres!

    ReplyDelete