Thursday, April 5, 2012

Will Venable in 2012: i TOO aM bullISH

Last night I listened to a Darren Smith interview podcast with MLB.com's Corey Brock. Each of the fellas stated that they were bullish on Will Venable in 2012 to which I quickly replied via twitter:


After the posting of that tweet Dan Hayes of the North County Times affirmed that he too was bullish on Will Venable in 2012.

I had to think about this for a minute; to process; to try and make sense of it all. We have three knowledgeable guys here, all having seen Will Venable throughout Spring Training and his work with new hitting coach Phil Plantier, and perhaps they have the requisite insider information to make such claims. At that moment I decided that i TOO aM bullISH.

I am bullish that Will Venable's hairline will keep him in the running to become a kung-fu fighting Shaolin monk.

I am bullish that there will be mention of Will Venable's Princeton education after giving a particularly introspective interview. By me and the interviewee.

I am bullish that Will Venable will curse at a blogger for an illicit videotaping incident at which time everyone will comment on how surprising the outburst actually was . . . because, well, Will's a really nice guy.

I am bullish that Will Venable will hit a ball really, really far and that we will all stand mouths agape and echo, "Will Venable hit that ball really, really far." We'll all smile at one another in delight as we fight over the last Hodad's slider and spill our $9.50 beer from Ballast Point.

I am bullish that Will Venable will hit a few booming triples, each one carrying the exact same sentiment from the crowd: "This is the day that the Padres finally hit for the cycle. Yippee!"

I am bullish THAT NonE OF THIs wilL MAttEr!!!!

each oF theDSE Special MOMents WILL all Come FEW and faR beTWeen and that viLL WeNABLe's stat lines wiLL BE hOrrendous BECause thaT's WHO HE IS! He's a tEaSE. viLL WeNABLe TEASES US! HE toRREMENTS us!!! He driVES US to MAKe POOOr decisIONS withOUr LIVEs! WHy? whY? WHY? Why do YOU dO it tO us viLL?!!!!

So am I bullish on Will Venable in 2012? Hell, I guess I am.

*The first cycle will be hit this year. It will be collected by light hitting Andy Parrino and everyone will be amazed because it was supposed to be Will Venable or Cameron Maybin. It's ok. Maybin will hit one in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment