Sunday, December 21, 2008

Punter Abroad: Soaking in The Meadowlands

It's all about the style. Where have I been? Well, it has not been on tour with my musical constituency..... It HAS not been protecting elves as they make their misguided Christmas deposits.. It has been a lot closer to snow.. a lot farther from rain, and unfortunately a few degrees colder then the San Diego I have come to know, love, embrace and infuse into all I say and do Brah....

You gotta go down Bra!

That being said, we who have immigrated still have things to say as to football elsewhere in the country. It runs in our newly transfused Charger blue blood to support the Bolts, yet as the great Patrick Henry once said.... "Give me home town football, or give me death."


Liberty my good man, Liberty! And I am a Virginia Man, no supporter of Northern Causes! I throw my support behind our team...the Redskins! Wait...what?...that's not right is it?

For this still reigning (?) ombudsman, that would be the pretzel smelling, Rockefeller having, worse traffic than LA (no arguments, period, end of story... you frickin guy..), Katz's deli sporting, better bundle up at this time of year,TRI-state area. So therefore, I'll let you know, I will be heading to the soon to be "Ye Olde Giants Stadium" to cheer on your Super Bowl champion New York Giants. This game will be three things:

1) Versus the Carolina Panthers
- I am not scared of many men. This is healthy. However, Steve Smith scares the crap out of me.

2) HUGE
-Implications on the NFC playoff picture are as big as the caps I used above. Had the G men showed up for their competition against America's Dallas Cowboys, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Hopefully John Harbaugh's Revamped Rampaging Raging Raven's will Rock Romo. (and they did)

3) COLD
- I bought thermal under pants today. These should help to keep the blood pumping. Hypothermia is a massive risk... Something we do not worry about in San D.

Wish us luck if you would like. If you are not feeling very for Big Blue, I would like to point out that up until a few years ago, I felt the same on Sunday's as you all must be feeling now. I would say to myself...

"Self, I really want to watch the game, but will the frustration built up be worth the four hours which could be spent meditating to gain peace of mind. We love Tiki but my gosh, why can't we win a damn game."

Then much as Bean Town let go of NO MAh, we finally got rid of the better looking Barber brother and won us a cham peen ship. I hope one day one of your one hit wonders will walk away from the Bolts and your team will congeal with the efficiency of our back east champions.

Until then, know that this two headed fan will remember the Ghost of Christmas G-Men seasons past. When we couldn't ring the salvation army bell hard enough to buy a win. It will get better. Stay true to the cause, follow our fearless Chief and continue to Avenge, my fellow Avengers. One day, your own Eli may surface after many awful years of solemn Sundays...but until then, please help me to embrace the frigging bitter cold through thought and prayer. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a warm night.

Final resting place of many a good Italian
Blessings,

4TH and LONG

No comments:

Post a Comment