Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The "You Don't Know Jack!" Year in Review: Ramones and Baseball Brawls

Without any hesitation I can say that this was the definitive post written on AJM about the Ramones and baseball in 2011.

I wrote it nearly a year ago (1/12/11). It was short and sweet and I recall telling the Mrs. that the writing of the post would be worth it under one condition. Before I tell you the condition I'll ask that you click the link first: More Baseball Music: The Ramones take a turn

Comeback in two minutes.

I felt the writing of this post would be worth it if ONE person thought it was a legitimate story. Few read it and with zero comments I figured I had failed with my little hoax.

A few months down the road Rick from RJ's Fro began questioning me about the post. I don't recall his exact words but the gist of the conversation was that he BELIEVED the Ramones/ Roseboro/ Maricahal story was true! What really made it funny was that Rick has spent time in a band. A punk rock band. And he's a big baseball fan.

Success realized!

This has been The You Don't Know Jack! Year In Review: Part I

No comments:

Post a Comment