Sunday, February 20, 2011

Great Moments In Bulletin Board Material History: Mike Tyson to Mat Latos

Out of curiosity I took a look at the daily blog of Giants beat reporter Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News. I wanted to see if the Latos #balls story had any legs at the Giants' Spring Training camp in Scottsdale, Arizona. Here's what I found:
The other day, I linked to a story about the “I hate SF” balls that Mat Latos autographed for charity. Well, the news found its way into the Giants clubhouse. As I walked through the room today, I noticed a photocopy of the internet photo on one of the tables.
Do the World Champs need bulletin board material? Well the #balls photocopy was on a table and not a bulletin board... so I guess not... but that is neither here nor there.

I bet the photocopy existed more for the sake of illustrating how the Giants will be a marked team this year rather than motivation to beat Latos and the Padres. In his video blog, Baggarly seemed to suggest a lightheartedness on behalf of the Giants regarding the incident as well. For material to be considered truly Bulletin-board-esque I think it has to be something like this... of course this would definitely do it.

But if the Giants were using it as motivation that would be great too. Then we'd know the Padres have entered their heads.

Any other Great Moments In Bulletin Board Material history? Throw 'em in the comments section.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty much everything Rex Ryan said this past year would qualify.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were a coach I would definitely be tacking up Rexy's comments no doubt! I mean his comments are no "I'll eat your children!" but BBM worthy none the less.

    ReplyDelete