Monday, August 20, 2012

Mendoza Line blogging

The most difficult thing about blogging is to produce quality posts with frequency. It's not easy. Having said that,  I really have no idea what I'm batting using the aforementioned criteria. I'm certain that I'm above the Mendoza Line but for all I know I might just be the 2011 version of Ryan Ludwick. Maybe the 2012 version of Cameron Maybin? Maybin did go 4 for 5 yesterday  . . . I might be pumping myself up a bit much.

The easiest thing about blogging is to have an opinion: We all have one. We want these opinions to be heard because for some inexplicable reason sports mean a great deal to us. Whether these thoughts are expressed over beers with our buddies or through an avenue such as this one right here, we want to be heard. Sometimes in our zeal to express opinions we don't take the time to gather vital information that can illuminate the context of a given situation. By "we", I mean "me".

Last week I was writing a piece about Adrian Gonzalez and the drama unfolding in Boston. I tried to ask some folks who've been closer to A-Gon over the years for some opinions on the matter. At the time I was more interested in hitting the publish button than incorporating any possible dissenting opinions to the post in question. Ultimately I clicked the publish button before any outside thoughts returned to me.

I still have the opinion that Adrian Gonzalez could have displayed better leadership skills at points during his career in San Diego but I don't know that it's fair that I go-off on the guy. What the hell do I know? Without divulging anything that I was told in confidence, it certainly sounds like Boston is a miserable place to be right now.

I enjoyed Adrian's time in San Diego and I still wear a jersey with his surname stitched on the back*. I wish him the best of luck moving forward.

*This particular jersey has far more issues than the fact it is carrying Adrian Gonzalez' name on the back of it... it's a 2009 replica jersey. And it's freaking blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment