Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Jersey


In the end of April I took a trip up to San Francisco to watch the Padres take on the Giants. Courtesy of Gaslamp Ball I was allowed to take the Dave Staton jersey along for the ride. Unfortunately I never got around to posting anything about it here at AJM. So without further ado . . .

Here's a snippet from the intro:
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Jersey is a Gaslamp Ball community project that will chronicle the 2012 Padres season through the lives of their greatest fans and an old jersey.

My first trip to Fenway Park culminated with a trip to a seedy gentleman's club and a mad dash during the early morning hours to find Thoreau's Walden Pond. We failed in our quest. It's bound to happen in the midst of a 12-hour bender when one depends on a tollbooth attendant for vital literary information.

What I came to find on that trip, or perhaps what I already knew, was that literature and baseball share an inextricable link . . .
 Go check out the rest of the story here and look in the sidebar at GLB for the other fantastic tales of the SotTJ.
At Vesuvio in North Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment