Monday, July 6, 2009

Pearls of Existential Wisdom From Manny Ramirez

I'm baaack/Iss gonna be show time tonight

“I didn’t kill nobody, I didn’t rape nobody, so that’s it, I’m just going to come and play the game,” Ramirez said.
  • Memo to all husbands and boyfriends out there.......when the Missus comes down hard on you because you F&*$ed-up, feel free to use the Manny Defense (also known as Johnny Damon's Postulate for Steroid Users----which I will use the next time I drink too much at the ball game and can't make it home at the time deemed appropriate by the Missus)
Wearing sunglasses indoors and chewing a piece of bright green gum, Ramirez virtually no-commented every hard query, but did say he was sorry for whatever he did and declared himself “one of the best players who ever put on a uniform.”(1)
  • I have to be serious for a moment. The lack of modesty in some of these guys is just ridiculously odd. I would hope that someday people might suggest that I was great at what I do.....but I wouldn't make that assertion myself (and no....I'm not talking about blogging......because I'm already one of the best bloggers who's ever banged on a keyboard!).
“Well, everybody got their opinion, you know,” Ramirez said. “I focus all my energy on me and what I'm going to do. I think if they say that, go right ahead, you know. I'm just here to play the game.”(2)
  • Well said, Manuel. I went ahead and changed the font to emphasize what some people seem to be forgetting......You are an A-hole! You only care about yourself! You quit on the Boston Red Sox last year because you only care about Manny!
TV's message speaks when slugger won't (1 and 2)[UT-Chris Jenkins]

No comments:

Post a Comment