Friday, July 24, 2009

Providence Intervenes: Charger LB, Matt Wilhelm Released

I received a text message today and it read:

"Chargers just got rid of Wilhelm--Praise be to Allah!"

I guess prayer five times a day can achieve divine intervention......Charger Fans sigh in relief.

Back in January when the Bolts got knocked out by the Steelers I wrote a post which basically gave a laundry list of reasons why Wilhelm needed to go (one of which was his high five of Santonio Holmes after his TD punt return and another was his willingness to help the opposition to their feet after every play). In that post I used Malcolm X and Machiavelli to try and explain the type of LB Wilhelm needed to be. Now we get references to Allah. How does such a nice guy from middle America get linked to such controversial historical figures as those? It does not matter...our defense just got better. Best wishes to the Wilhelm family, personally and professionally.

Go back in time and read one of this site's most viewed posts of the year......the one where we feel guilty for being so critical of such a nice guy.

Pardon me.......can I help you up?

No comments:

Post a Comment