Monday, September 21, 2009

Charger Fan In Donkey Land: Week 2 Ravens


Another nail biter, this time ending with a negative result.

However, what is one to expect when sitting with a 4th and 2 with a quarterback who is having the most productive game of his career?

I think I speak for every Bolt fan who walks the earth, when I say that handing the ball off deep in the back field was the last possible play that would have been called.

Though the game should have never come down to that play, you have to look to Norv to make a better decision in that position.

With the injuries we encountered in week 1, it is evident that we will be playing wide open over the coming weeks. The learning curve for SD's linemen will be steep and we can not afford to have another penalty stricken game like Sunday. Kicking field goals vs. touchdowns is unacceptable, specifically when you are on the 1 inch line and take a delay of game penalty. WTF was that?

We need to shore up the Defense as well, with them giving up the uncharacteristic yardage in both of the first two weeks. It looks like our Defense, as a whole, have an allergy to any quarterback we face. One sack today is unacceptable, and I would expect a minimum of 3 per game from our guys. If not that, then how about we slow the run down. Stopping it doesn't seem like a realistic expectation after the display shown during the first two weeks.

Moving forward, the confidence prevails and I feel we will take care of the Dolphins next week in our house. I am waiting for the breakout game for the Defense and watching our Chargers run up the score and play up to our potential. It was nice to get our loss out of the way for the season, and we only look up from here.

Keepin the Bolt Pride Alive.
Charger Fan in Donkey Land

Editor's Note:
I was out of town and upon return last evening I knew nothing about the game against the Ravens nor did I even know that Jamal was out for the year. As I piece together the home opening debacle from word of mouth and detail deficient UT articles I still can't explain the rumors that we kicked a FG on 3rd down as well as the decision to run .43 cent at the beastly Ray Lewis (I, however, have read that Ray Lewis wasn't at all surprised by the Chargers' play call in that situation.....something about it being predictable based on the previous week's game film. Huh...predictable?). I'm going to get to the bottom of this. Feel free to help me out as I didn't tape the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment