Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Survivor Pool Week 1

Cool throwbacks....even cooler gloves. Randy Moss needs a Randy Moss 'throwback' moment. He's been an intolerably good citizen since arriving to NE.


I've never done a survivor pool before but it is a component of the FF league that I'm in this year, so I'm awkwardly navigating the terrain. What I'm saying is that I really don't have a strategy. I'm not looking ahead because who knows how far it'll go with only 12 players involved (4 were already eliminated in Week 1). So my only gameplan for week 1 was to pick what I felt was an ABSOLUTE lock!

I started with the Chargers on the road but opted out for the Patriots at home. What a disgusting feeling to be rooting for the Patriots during that comeback against the Bills last night. I felt dirty.....like Ace Ventura after the grim realization that Finkle was Einhorn. I too should have burnt my clothes, turned on Boy George and jumped into the shower to cry.

Somehow I was able to do it. Perhaps it was the Patriot throwbacks that allowed me to push on through. They looked less threatening; more like the doormats they were back in the day. I dug it.

Anyways...it's week 2 and I'm soliciting advice from the Faithful Eleven that frequent this site. I've narrowed it down to three Mortal Locks of the week. Cast a vote or offer up a better option. I need new socks and I've got bills to pay.....

No comments:

Post a Comment