Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mike Singletary is to leadership as Norv Turner is to _________?


I have stated many times that my origins are of the Midwestern ilk and as such I happen to think quite highly of Mike Singletary. More precisely---he's bad a**. I think most would agree with that assessment and most would also take it a step further in suggesting: "Man I wish he was the coach of the San Diego Chargers!"

(you would suggest that wouldn't you?)

So in logging out of my email account what do I see but a picture of Samurai Mike and a video entitled: Mike Singletary on Leadership.

Fortuitous timing with the Chargers slipping 3 1/2 games behind the Denver Broncos and the city of San Diego up in arms about the leader at the helm (or lack there of). Why it was just yesterday afternoon that former fullback assassin, Lorenzo Neal, went on Darren Smith's show and railed against Norv Turner after former Charger safety Vencie Glenn* had done the same in the morning with Scott and BR.

So what does the Samurai have to say?



What do you think?

Is Norv leading by example? The lines of communication.....are they clear? What about the message he's selling? Is it being bought by the rank and file? Who knows.....I'm not in the locker room, but after listening to Lo' Neal's interview on XX1090 I'd say a lot of his information and opinion is based on that of an inside source. Maybe a mate from the fraternity of running backs, who he's close friends with? I'm just saying...

*Vencie Glenn, due to his critical but fair comments regarding how the Charger defense takes the field, has become one of the patron saints of Avenging Jack Murphy. Vencie Glenn is a hard man. Vencie Glenn is a wise man.

No comments:

Post a Comment