Thursday, October 22, 2009

SDUT Polls: How will the Bolts finish?/Utilitarianism!/Uruguayan Rugby?


I haven't given up hope that the Chargers might be able to put something together* and make the playoffs..........but really.......there's nearly 5000 people who think they'll WIN THE AFC WEST! That scenario would require the Donkeys' week 8 charter flight en route to Baltimore to plummet into the Rockies, killing all passengers...... or at least forcing the survivors to eat one another.


Watch out for Elvis Dumervil**; that beast will either devour everyone in sight or sustain the beleaguered survivors for 8 days. I suggest using John Stuart Mill's theories on utilitarianism to justify eating the NFL's sack leader......or use the film Alive.


* Let's not forget that in both 2007 and 2008 the Chargers frustrated us to no end with 2-3 records. Funny stuff happens in the NFL and the line between winning and losing is much like the one that exists when confronted with the decision to eat your best mate after a crash in the Andes; somewhat blurry and very thin.

**My wife texted me regarding Elvis Dumervil at the game Monday Night after it looked like the Broncos had it won:
That damn Dumbledoor!

My wife is funny but I had no idea what she meant. She explained. I laughed.

1 comment:

  1. I am loyal Charger fan and have been since the days of Marion Butts and Stan the man Humphries. I am also a true optemistic, as a true fan that is a necesity. With this said I know that Norvy is a wonderful QB coach and even an offensive quordinator. With that said I wouldnt mind seeing him ousted from the head coaching Job of of the Chargers and to see someone come in and bring a lttle SWAGER, rap lingo for heart, to the team. What about Mr. Gruden, how about decending from the ESPN booth to the the field. We know you like SD!!
    Blue balzed again?

    ReplyDelete