Thursday, August 27, 2009

Get 'Em While They're Hot; Gartrell Johnson Ringer T's

I was directed to a thread in the forum at Glorify The Past regarding Charger rookie RB Gartrell Johnson out of Colorado State. The thread provided a link to Gartrell Johnson's own website, to which I eagerly clicked.....

A bold move I thought.

GJ's a rookie and from everything I've heard and seen it is Michael Bennett that has looked very solid in camp and games this summer. So that puts Gartrell Johnson in the 4th position on the depth chart behind LT, .43 cent, and Michael Bennett.....and he has a website? Ah, the hubris of youth.

The best part of the site? It has a merchandise Shop; schwag up the wazoo, all from a rookie NFL running back drafted in the 4th round. I looked at some of his t-shirts and I came across a solid ringer T---gold with blue hoops---and knew it would be a solid purchase for either of the following two reasons:
  1. If Gartrell makes the team; hey, look at my cool gold ringer T......you got one of these? It'd be like the start of a cult following for the dread-locked RB .
  2. If Gartrell gets cut; hey, look at my cool gold ringer T.....you can't get one of these! In this event it would be me and a village of Guatemalan children spending their days alternating between the official Gartrell Johnson shirt and the New England Patriots 19-0 Super Bowl Champion T's.
Really, it's too cool not to own regardless of the reason.

Wow---hasn't made the team and he's already selling himself hard to the public. Hey Gartrell! I bought your T-shirt. Now go impress Norv.

1 comment:

  1. I know I'm a year and a half late but hahahahahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete