Saturday, April 3, 2010

2010 MLB Predictions: Where I discredit myself by going on the record

These are my predictions for 2010 over at the Baseball Bloggers Alliance. I've thought about these predictions in excruciating detail and in October, I'll either sing my own praises and rub it in the faces of all who'll listen...... or I'll retroactively delete the post.
Let's go.....

NL West
  1. Dodgers
  2. Giants (Wild Card)
  3. Padres (83 wins)
  4. Rockies
  5. D-Backs
(I probably effed this up by undervaluing the Rockies and overvaluing the Dodgers. However I stand by my assertion that the Padres will win 83 games and finish in 3rd place....and that's all that matters!)

NL Central
  1. Cardinals
  2. Brewers
  3. Cubs
  4. Astros
  5. Reds
  6. Pirates
(As sure as the sun sets in the west and checks to the IRS  are being cut in mass around this time, the Cardinals will win the central behind another powerful year by their man-purse carrying first baseman. That's right.....I've said it before....I'll say it again.....Albert Pujols carries a purse. I've seen it.)



NL East
  1. Phillies
  2. Braves
  3. Mets
  4. Marlins
  5. Nationals
(Do you want to know why the Phillies will win both the NL East and the World Series? They're good. Next prediction....)

AL West
  1. Angels
  2. Rangers
  3. Mariners
  4. A's
(The Angels always win it, c'mon now. Know why? Their manager was a catcher. Catchers are smarter than the rest of  us.)

AL Central
  1. White Sox
  2. Tigers
  3. Twins
  4. Indians
  5. Royals
(The White Sox are pretty loaded. Of course, Jake Peavy will probably come down with an ailment of some sort, thus damaging the Southside's hopes.)

AL East
  1. Yankees
  2. Red Sox (Wild Card)
  3. Rays
  4. Blue Jays
  5. Orioles
(With the deep pockets in the AL East I feel sorry for the fans of the bottom three teams [see: fans who don't have annoying accents].....except the Orioles.....I feel sorry for their fans because their owner is an idiot.)

World Series
Philadelphia Phillies defeat the New York Yankees in 6 games
(Phillies, yes! Yankees, no! Screw the Yankees. See..... fans on the West Coast don't carry a regional bias like the eastern media elites. I included to eastern seaboard teams. A lot more integrity in these parts!)


Rookies of the Year
Brian Matusz AL (Orioles)
Stephen Strasburg NL (Nationals)
 (I'm going to be honest......these guys both played college ball in San Diego so I know they are good....I know they are rookies.....I haven't paid attention to the teams back east so closely that I would know their rookies......I'm going with who I know..........Do I have to edit that whole "integrity" bit?)

Managers of the Year
Mike Scioscia AL (Angels)
Charlie Manuel NL (Phillies)
(Easy! Phillies are winning the series so the nod to Manuel and Mike Scioscia wins the AL West again with a team that doesn't have the resources of the Yankees.....although I just Googled it and the Angels' payroll is pretty high. Why can't San Diego replicate that? Man....!!!)


CY Young
Jake Peavy AL (White Sox)
Roy Halladay NL (Phillies)
(I've always thought that if Jake Peavy had a nice offense, one in which he did not feel as though he needed to be perfect every time out, he could do GREAT things on the mound. I think we'll see it this year. It should also be noted that the AL has a DH so the Sox won't have to fret over Jake tearing ankle ligaments running the bases......which is nice. With Halladay......well you can't win a WS without a big gun. Roy Halladay will eat up the NL this season)


Relief Award
Mariano Rivera AL (Yankees)
Heath Bell NL (Padres)
 (Rivera will have a lot of opportunities and Heath Bell will be even more efficient than last year.)

MVP
Mark Teixeira AL (Yankees)
Chase Utley NL (Phillies)
(A comfortable-in-the-Bronx Teixera will destroy that silly little bandbox of a park. Utley will do the same in his bandbox to the south.)


Do we need to even bother watching the games, now? I did the heavy lifting for you so feel free to begin a new hobby in lieu of watching baseball this summer. I'd go with surfing or a martial art. Your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment