Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Game 2: The last time I saw Chris Young pitch I tried to break Wade Boggs' record for beers consumed on a trip

Hey, the Padres won 6-3, placing them on the statistical fast track to an 81-81 season. That's .500 ball in the vernacular of the National Past Time.

Chris Young looked fantastic, which brings me to........ the last time I saw him play.

My buddy Al and I decided to go up to Anaheim to see the Padres play last summer during the inter-league schedule. Thought it would be good stuff as we'd never been to the Big A before and it would be an opportunity to ride the train, which is never dull. At that time the ol' legend of Wade Boggs' drinking prowess had crept forward from the recesses of my mind......you know the  legend don't you? It's been estimated by teammates of Wade Boggs that he had drank more than 50 cans of Miller Lite on a cross country commute to Seattle. Al and I figured we'd give the Chicken man a run for his money.......didn't work out that well........just had to pee a lot. What does this have to do with game #2 in 2010? Well....



That particular game was the last time that Chris Young had taken the mound before being sidelined for the duration of 2009. Let me tell you, CY was horrific. Just terrible. Had never seen him pitch so poorly and frankly I wanted a refund......from CY!!! I thought he should have paid me for the disgrace and my time and effort. After I found out his shoulder was injured in a bad way, about 64% of me felt like a d*ck.

Anyways.....he looked awesome tonight, and that's what matters. When you can bamboozle batters with an 86 mph fastball, the Gods are on your side. Padres. God. Was there any question? Let us move on.....

I've been jocking Everth Cabrera hard. He's "the straw that stirs the drink" and any other bit of hyperbole I can toss at the kid. But was I right? He goes 3 for 4 with a 2B, 3B, SB and 4 RBI. Hey, Bud Black! ECab should be hitting leadoff not eighth.

Chase Headley is looking good at the plate. He was 2 for 4 when he crushed a looooooong F8 in the 9th. I'm encouraged.

I have also jocked Will Venable in a big way......and he hit his first homerun.


Adrian Gonzalez is on a torrid pace after hitting his second home run in as many games. I suck at math sometimes......what's his current pace?
[Box Score]

1 comment:

  1. hE'LL end up hitting 50+...if he homered in game 3 on pace for 162!

    ReplyDelete